Thursday 27 October 2022

Series: Diary entry of Intern - Entry 1

 

Feeding the hungry

We were then in 11th class and just have started to went outside home alone apart from my

parents. I along with my friends were coming back from our tution just talking and pulling each

other's leg when two small kids followed us asking us for money. They said, "Didi paise dedo.

Bahot bhookh lagi hai." I was about to give money to them when one of my friends stopped me

saying that most of them misuse this money doing activities like smoking, drinking and the kind

so your money is not going anywhere in something good you are just contributing in his

destruction. Listening to him I stopped at a while and thought as he was absolutely right. Then I

thought for a while and took those kids to a near shop where I make them buy some biscuits

and bread which might quench their hunger for that time being . I didn't had that much of money

as we were also young at that time so we all contributed in buying them stuff. After this I saw

their smiling faces and they thanked us. Their words "Thankyou didi thankyou bhaiya" just made

us feel so good and pleased. That day was very heart-soothing and made us feel proud in

ourselves with a feeling of content.


Anushka

Social Media Marketing Intern

Youth Empowerment Foundation

Date of Entry - 18th October 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Series: Diary entry of Intern - Entry 2

We all have done something proud in our lives atleast once. Be it the smallest thing, but we all have. Same is the case with me, so, i am sh...